THE 4TH ANNUAL FILM LAB
Presented by the Sun Valley Film Festival and Tito’s Handmade Vodka
In an effort to help filmmakers complete their film's vision, Tito's Handmade Vodka and the Sun Valley Film Festival are teaming up to furnish writers, directors and producers with 5K in finishing funds. Trevor Groth [Director of Programming for the Sundance Film Festival] is returning once again this year as Film Lab host. In addition to a thoughtful audience’s response, Trevor will give filmmakers feedback as they prepare to lock their film, and send it into the film festival fray.
GRAND PRIZE: 5K IN FINISHING FUNDS
The team of the selected Work-In-Progress film, will have the opportunity to attend the Sun Valley Film Festival – flight and lodging will be provided for the writer, director and producer of the film. In addition, the filmmakers will receive all-access passes to the festival including nightly parties, networking panels and more. The festival offers a cutting edge program of films, television, web series and music videos in a beautiful mountain town – a perfect getaway to forge relationships with other independent artists.
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2018
- 1. Film must be a Work In Progress, with no screening engagements prior to April 2018.
- 2. Film must be close to picture lock; while editing does not have to be finished, the film is expected to be past the rough cut phase [a nearly finalized film; missing elements like sound design, color correction, score, VFX, etc. is understandable and expected].
- 3. The Sun Valley Film Festival must receive a ‘Made with the Support of’ credit in the end credits.
- 4. Film must be willing/able to screen as a work-in-progress at the SVFF2018 [March 14-18, 2018].
Early Bird: January 11th, 2018
Regular Deadline: January 25th, 2018
Late Deadline: February 8th, 2018
WAB Extended Late: February 15th, 2018
* Filmmakers are encouraged to submit as early as possible.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAST FILM LAB FINALISTS:
Director: Suzi Yoonessi
Writers: Charlene deGuzman, Sarah Adina Smith, and Mark Duplass
Producer: Jen Roskind
Executive Producers: Sarah Smick, Ian Michaels, Cary Anderson
Co-Producer: Louise Shore
Associate Producers: Molly Hale, Patton Oswalt, Matt Watson
Cinematography: Moira Morel
Cast: Charlene deGuzman, John Hawkes, Melissa Leo
A sex and love addicted woman learns what real intimacy is when she starts making music with a reclusive man.
BREAK THE HOLD
Writer/Director: Suzannah Herbert
Writer/Producer: Lauren Belfer
Producers: Steven Klein, Mary Rohlich, Seth Gordon
Executive Producers: Micheline Levine
Consulting Producer: Sam Pollard
Cinematographer: Sinisa Kukic
Editor: Emily Clifton
For four young athletes at a failing high school in distressed Huntsville, Alabama, wrestling is about more than winning; it’s about breaking the limits imposed by their circumstances.